- 12 May 2022
- 5 Minutes To Read
Add and Deactivate Users
- Updated On 12 May 2022
- 5 Minutes To Read
|REQUIRED USER ROLE|
Add and deactivate users, assign and change user roles, assign users to Inboxes, and more through the Users settings page.
Roles and Responsibilities
A Gladly user is someone inside your company whose job is to help Customers, manage teams, or manage Gladly. Every user should be assigned a role — or multiple roles — to determine their access to Gladly's different capabilities.
Permissions are attached to Roles, which determine what a user can do. For example, the Administrator role has abundant rights (add, edit, update, and delete), whereas a Team Manager role has rights limited to certain Gladly features. The role with the highest permission set supersedes roles with fewer permissions. If you have an Agent + Administrator role assigned to you, you'll have access to the Administrator permission set.
See the table below for permissions attached to each role. Scroll the table horizontally to see more columns.
|Permissions||Liveboards Only||Developer||API User1||Answer Administrator||Task5 User||Analyst3||Agent||Agent Plus||Team Manager||Administrator||Compliance Administrator2|
|View Customer Profiles||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit Customer Profiles||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Play Voice Recordings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit, Assign Tasks to Users/Inboxes||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Assign Customers to Users/Inboxes||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Respond to Customers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Create, Download OOTB Reports||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Create Reports, Dashboards With Insight Buildera||✓|
|Access Shared Reports From Insight Builderb||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Run, Schedule Reports||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Manage Scheduled Reports||✓||✓||✓|
|Delete Scheduled Reports||✓||✓||✓|
|Listen, Coach, and Join Calls|
|Listen to, Coach, or Join Live Calls||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Add Answer Languages||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit Help Center||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit Keyword Groups||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit Answers, and Revision History||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit, Deactivate Topics||✓||✓||✓|
|Agent Experience (Settings)|
|Add, Edit, Delete Relationships||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit, Deactivate Away Reasons||✓||✓|
|Edit Idle Timing||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit, Deactivate Rules||✓||✓|
|Add, Configure Channels and Entry Points||✓||✓|
|Edit IVR Phone Numbers||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit Sidekick||✓||✓|
|Control Incoming Chat Volume||✓||✓|
|Create, Edit, Publish IVR Updates||✓||✓|
|Add, Edit, Delete Outreach Campaigns||✓||✓|
|Add, Remove Users from Inboxes||✓||✓||✓|
|Activate, Deactivate Inboxes||✓||✓||✓|
|User Management (Settings)|
|Add, Edit, Deactivate Users.||✓||✓|
|View Users List||✓||✓||✓|
|Create and Assign Skills||✓||✓|
|Create and Edit Teams||✓||✓||✓|
|Configure and Manage SSO||✓||✓|
|Use APIs and Add Webhooks||✓|
|Download, Delete Call Recordings||✓|
|Delete Conversation Attachments||✓|
|Delete Contacts and Customer Profiles||✓|
|Configure Data Retention Settings and Export Customer Data||✓|
|View Compliance Event Logs||✓|
|Add New Apps||✓||✓||✓|
|Use Lookup Adapter Debugger Tools||✓||✓||✓|
|Assign Dedicated Hero||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Add Users to Gladly
There are two ways to add users to Gladly:
- Add user (s) individually
- Bulk CSV upload
The method you choose depends mainly on the number of users you want to invite. If you're adding one or two users, then adding them one at a time would be easier. However, if you're looking to add twenty, or hundreds of users, a bulk upload is the faster, more efficient way to go.
Add individual users
- Click the menu icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Under the People category, click Users. The Users page will show you a list of all of your Gladly users. For ease, you can also see a preview of roles assigned to users, the number of Teams and Inboxes they belong to, and their account status.
- Use the search feature to find users by name, email, or role quickly.
- Sort the Name, Email, Roles, Teams, Inboxes, and Status columns by clicking the header name.
- Click Add User.
- Complete the following fields on the Add User page:
- Email – Enter the user's email address. This is also used to invite them to Gladly.
- Name – Enter the user's full name.
- Roles – Check the box next to the role(s) that apply to this user. If an incompatible combination of roles is selected, the affected roles are automatically unchecked. See Roles and Responsibilities to learn more about each role.
- Inboxes – Assign/unassign Inbox(es) to the user.
- Use the search feature to search all of your available Inboxes.
- Every Inbox the user is assigned to appears below the search bar. To unassign an Inbox, click X.
- An Inbox that has since been deactivated Inbox but is still assigned to an Agent appears as Inbox Name (deactivated).
- Teams – Assign the user to a Team(s).
- Create and Manage Teams to learn more.
- Leave blank if you're not using Teams.
- Every Team the user is assigned to appears below the search bar. To unassign a Team, click X.
- Skills – Assign relevant skill(s) for use with People Match.
- Leave blank if you're not using Skills.
- Every skill the user is assigned appears below the search bar. To unassign a skill, click X.
- See What is Skills to learn more about Skills and how it's used to enhance People Match.
- Click Add User. This will take you back to the Users page, where the user you invited is added with the status Invite Sent.
There are four different statuses a user may have on the Users page under the Status column.
- Invited Expired – An invitation was sent but has since expired. Invites expire in 24 hours, but a new invitation can be resent.
- Deactivated – The user has been deactivated.
- Invite Sent – An invitation has been sent to the user.
- Blank – The user is active in Gladly.
Upload users in bulk
Instead of adding users one at a time, you can upload users in bulk through the Upload CSV feature.
Invite users through SSO
See Single Sign-On for additional information on how to set up and invite uses via SSO.
Deactivate user account
Deactivate a user's account when they leave your company or no longer need access to Gladly.
- Click on the menu icon located in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click More Settings located under Settings.
- Under People, click Users.
- Use the search feature to find the user you need to deactivate. Hover over the user you want to deactivate, click the kebab icon (three dots) to the right of the page, then click Edit User.
- Under the Status section, mark the User as Deactivated. This option only appears for existing users.
- Click Save.
What happens to Conversations and Tasks when a user is deactivated
- Open and Waiting – Conversations in Open and Waiting state when an Agent is deactivated are automatically unassigned from the deactivated Agent and go back as a New Conversation to re-route to another Agent. The Conversation Timeline of re-routed Conversations due to the deactivation will say "Routed from <agent> to <channel> because <agent> were deactivated" to indicate the Conversation was re-routed because of the user deactivation.
- Closed – If a Customer replies to a closed Conversation within the Conversation reopen window or an email reply is routed to the same Agent recently deactivated, the Conversation goes back as a New Conversation and re-routes to another Agent.
- Tasks – Open Tasks are re-queued in the same Inbox that Task to be assigned to another Agent.
- 1API User role must be combined with another role like Team Manager, Administrator, or Compliance Administrator role to access the More Settings page. Furthermore, API Users cannot log into Gladly without another accompanying role.
- 2Compliance Administrator enhances the Administrator role with access to Data Retention settings.
- 3Analyst role is made available upon activation of Insight Builder which is a feature add-on.
- 4Developer role is limited to accessing Lookup Adapter Debugger and Apps. Assign Agent or Administrator role with Developer to provide access to Search or to create Customer Profiles.
- 5Task User role cannot be combined with other roles.
- aInsight Builder is an add-on feature.
- bInsight Builder is an add-on feature. Shared dashboards are only available if Insight Builder is active. Team Managers and Administrator user roles can view shared dashboards/reports built by Analysts.