- 18 May 2021
- 2 Minutes To Read
Help Center Answer Search
- Updated On 18 May 2021
- 2 Minutes To Read
The Help Center Answer Search report can help you understand what terms your Customers are searching for and their frequency, while also giving you insight into whether your Answers are addressing those searches.
Metrics and Key Concepts
The Help Center Answer Search report uses the following metrics and concepts to quantify the reported data.
|Search Term||Search team used to search for Answers in the Help Center|
|Number of Times Searched||Indicates the number of times a search term was used.|
|Number of Answers Results||The number of Answers results related to the search term|
|Click Rate||The percentage of users who clicked on a result from a particular search term|
Understand the Basics
When to use the Help Center Answer Search report
Use the Help Center Answer Search report if you have questions around:
- What terms are Customers searching for the most in Help Center?
- How often are Answers available for those search terms in Help Center?
- Which search terms are yielding 0 or few Answer results?
- How often are Customers clicking on Answers for their searches?
How often to view the report
Review this report monthly to gain valuable and actionable insights.
- View it alongside the Help Center Answer Usage report to understand what terms Customers are searching for that may or may not be yielding Answers and/or any clicks so that you can improve your Answer content accordingly.
- Compare it to the Sidekick Answer Search report to see what your Customers are searching for and how your Answers are performing across both of your self-service Channels.
Once you understand the report, you can take action and make improvements.
Frequently Searched Terms in Help Center
If you notice that certain terms are being searched for frequently in Help Center, think of the following points:
- For frequently searched terms that have Answer results with low click rates (e.g., a search term of "size" is searched 200 times, has 1 Answer result that is only clicked 50% of the time), consider improving your Answer content to better address the search term (either through modifying the Answer directly or adding the term to an Answer Keyword Group)
- For frequently searched terms with high click rates, is there an opportunity to convert that into a process/product update? For example, if your Customers are often using Answers related to shipping during checkout, think about expanding your shipping information during the checkout process.
- Is there an opportunity to further improve your Answers content?
Search Terms with 0 or Few Answer Results in Help Center
If you notice that certain search terms are yielding 0 or few Answer results in Help Center, you can add or improve Answers to match those terms.
- Use Answer Keyword Groups to improve the relevancy and accuracy of the search results for your Customers (e.g., a Customer searching for "luggage" would get Answer Results matching your brand terminology of "baggage")
- Add Answers for frequently searched terms that are yielding 0 or few results to help Customers get Answers to their questions without contacting your Agents direct
Good to Know
- This report can also be generated via API. See our Developer Docs for more details.
- Listed below are related reports we recommend you use alongside this report:
- Help Center Answer Usage
- Sidekick Answer Usage
- Sidekick Answer Search