What is a Conversation?
- Updated on 20 Jul 2020
- 1 minute to read
In Gladly, you can see a Customer's entire Conversation history no matter what Channel they use to contact you. All of your interactions with the Customer exists in a single place. Having every interaction and Conversation with a Customer in one place provides more context, less need for your Customer to repeat themselves, and provide quicker responses
Conversations provide a more natural way of handling communication as Conversations always provide a holistic view of who the Customer is, the Channels they use to communicate, along with quickly seeing past Conversations. It is also comprised of all Contacts, and Messages that a Customer has with you.
Here are other things to take note of regarding Conversations:
- A Conversation can span across multiple Channels.
- A Conversation can be be found in the Conversation Timeline.
- A Conversation stays in a single Inbox and Agent at a time.
- A Conversation can have different Contacts on different channels.
- A Conversation can be assigned one or more Topics so you know the matter being discussed.
- A Conversation may go through a series of statuses:
- New –Unassigned, after a new Contact just came in
- Open –Assigned to an Agent
- Waiting – An Agent has responded to the Customer and is waiting for their response
- Closed – Solved and require no further action. It can be reopened if a Customer responds to a closed conversation within a specified time window.
Conversations in Gladly is a concept that is much different from the traditional concept of ‘tickets’ or ‘cases’. Some of the other key differentiators to take note of are:
- Customers are never assigned a ‘case/ticket number” in Gladly.
- A new Conversation is never opened every time a Customer contacts you (unlike cases/tickets).
- Conversations can cross multiple Channels (e.g. SMS, chat, voice, etc.) where cases/tickets are normally restricted to the type of Inbound Channel used. This omnichannel capability in a Conversation environment allows you to easily meet your Customers when and where they want to be met.
- A Customer can only have one Conversation open at any given time which prevents duplication of requests.