- 17 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Send and Receive SMS Messages
- Updated On 17 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Send and receive SMS (aka text) in Gladly to communicate with Customers. If a Customer sends an SMS to your company and the incoming SMS is routed to you, click Accept so you're taken straight to their Customer Profile where you’ll find their current SMS, along with any previous interactions they had with your company.
Start a new SMS
You can start a new SMS with a Customer even if they don't reach out to you first. Sometimes, you may even need to send an SMS to a Customer, even when they reached out to you on some other Channel. For example, a Customer on the phone with you might ask that you send their delivery tracking number to them via SMS.
To send an SMS, the Customer must have a phone number showing Mobile (type) with an SMS (tag) in their Customer Details.
- From the Customer’s Profile, click the Gladly + icon on the left side of the reply bar. A list will appear.
- From the list, select SMS. You’ll see the SMS Composer pop up, ready for you to start writing your response.
- Once you’ve completed your message, click Send SMS to send your message.
Reply to an SMS
Gladly automatically defaults to the last Channel a Customer reached out to you on. In this case, since they last reached out by SMS, you’ll notice the reply bar default to Reply with an SMS.
- Click anywhere along the reply bar. You’ll see the SMS Composition pop up, ready for you to start writing your response.
- Once you’ve completed your message, click Send SMS.
End SMS session
An SMS session ends if:
- The Customer stops responding and the session automatically ends.
- The Conversation is closed by clicking Close & Next or Close.
- The last incoming SMS is marked as No Reply Needed.
Opt-out of SMS communications
You won't be able to send SMS to Customers who have opted-out of receiving SMS communications. See SMS Opt-Out Keyword and learn how this works in Gladly.