- 13 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Set Up AWS EventBridge Integration
- Updated On 13 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
|REQUIRED USER ROLE|
Before you start
Review the following information before you connect AWS EventBridge to Gladly.
- See Account credentials to learn what type of permission you need to access Event Bridge.
- See this tutorial to learn how to push the data stream received from Gladly to EventBridge, then to Kinesis.
Connect AWS EventBridge to Gladly
From the Apps page, click Add App > AWS EventBridge.
- From the Add New AWS EventBridge App page, enter the following information:
- Name – Enter a name that will help you identify the AWS EventBridge stream.
- AWS Account ID – Enter the AWS Account ID you want to send Gladly data to. See Finding Your AWS Account ID if you need help finding it.
- AWS Region – Select the AWS region you want EventBridge to send and receive events in. See Sending and Receiving Amazon EventBridge Events for more information.
- Entity Types – Select the Gladly event types you want to stream to AWS EventBridge. To understand more about the content provided by events, see the Webhook Payloads.
- Click Save App when you're done. An error will appear if required fields are not completed; they are highlighted in red. Complete the missing fields and click Save App again.
Once saved, Gladly creates a new Event Source under AWS EvenBridge's Partner Event sources with the prefix aws.partner/gladly.com. You'll need to associate an event bus to the Gladly event source to consume these events. Only then will you be ready to consume the data from Gladly streamed to your account. You can associate one or more rules to this event bus and build custom workflow, integrations, etc. See Configuring Amazon EventBridge to receive events from a SaaS integration to learn how to configure the events received from Gladly.
Watch the video below for quick overview of the setup process, as well as AWS rules you'll need to configure.
Entities and Events
Events are bundled into entities when they are streamed from Gladly to EventBridge. For a detailed payload definition for each event, visit our developer site.