- 04 Nov 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
Answer, Mute, and Hold Phone Calls
- Updated On 04 Nov 2022
- 1 Minute To Read
The Voice Control bar appears above the Customer Profile during a phone call.
Answer a call
- Click Accept from the notification banner to accept a call routed to you.
- Additional voice controls to mute, transfer, conference, or end the call appear on top of the screen.
- Call recordings immediately start in the Conversation Timeline and stop when the call ends.
Whenever you are on a live phone call with a Customer, you can then also place the Customer on hold or place yourself on mute while you work on their request.
Decline a call
- Click Decline from the notification banner to accept a call routed to you.
When a call is declined or missed, the call is rerouted to another Agent. You won’t receive any more calls until you click the Next button by the availability controls or by clicking Close & Next if you are viewing a Customer Profile
Place the Customer on hold
- From the Voice Control Bar, select the pause icon.
- The Pause icon will turn red and you'll see the word On Hold appear with two running timers on the top right of your screen.
- Live – Current length time of the call
- On Hold – How long the Customer has been on hold
2. To unpause the call, click on the red pause icon again until it turns black.
While on hold, the Customer will hear your hold music/recording.
Mute and unmute
- From the Voice Control Bar, click on the Microphone icon.
- The Microphone icon will turn red to signify that you are currently muted. You'll see two running timers appear on the top right of your screen.
- Live – Current length time of the call.
- Mute – How long you have been on mute.
The Customer hears silence when you're on mute. To unmute yourself, click on the red Microphone icon again to speak.