- 13 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes To Read
First Contact Resolution by Agent (New)
- Updated On 13 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes To Read
The First Contact Resolution by Agent (New) report can help you understand how effective your Agents are in resolving incoming Customer requests on the First Contact.
How Data in the report is measured
The report is measured by the following:
- Grouped by Conversation and Agent. Only compare this to other Agent reports.
- Data is time anchored using Conversation's 'Last Closed At Date' in the UI
Metrics used for the First Contact Resolution by Agent (New) report
Review the definition of each metric and how it's used to calculate data. These are fields you'll see in the CSV download. The columns in the report fill dynamically when the information is available. Data may change if Conversations are reopened and closed again because the "Last Closed At" time will be changed.
|Last Closed At Date||Timestamp when the closed Conversation was last closed.|
|Assigned Agent Name - Last Closed||Name of the Agent who was assigned when last closed.|
|FCR %||Conversations that were successful First Contact Resolution divided by Conversations that were eligible for FCR.||Learn more detail about how FCR is calculated here.|
|FCR Conversation||Conversations closed on the first Contact.||Available in CSV download only.|
|FCR-Eligible Conversations||Whether the Conversation is eligible for First Contact Resolution.||Available in CSV download only.|
How the First Contact Resolution by Agent (New) report is filtered
You can filter the report using the following criteria. This is how you start segmenting the data based on what you are trying to learn. You can learn more about filters here.
- When filtering by date, you will see Conversations that were last closed within that range.
- Each column or point represents information for any Conversation that was last closed during that given time granularity, as selected in the Rollup.
- When changing the rollup filter (e.g., Daily), the report will show you Conversations that were last closed for each day based on your Date filter. For example, if your Date filter is Aug 8-10, and the rollup is Daily, then you'll see Conversations that were last closed on Aug 8, 9, and 10.
- When filtering by Team, you will see all the Conversations last closed by Agents in that team.
- When filtering by Inbox, you will see all the Conversations last closed in that Inbox.
How to use the First Contact Resolution by Agent (New)
The First Contact Resolution by Agent (New) report can provide a start to further explorations into your data. Below are a couple of examples.
|Agent has a consistently high FCR %||This may indicate that the Agent is able to resolve customer issues consistently, and that they may be anticipating followup questions to reduce the burden on the customer.|
|Agent has a lower FCR %||This could indicate a need for additional training and support, but it could also indicate that the Agent is working on more complex or difficult customer issues. Digging into the Conversation Export to see the Topics of the related Conversations may be a good way to assess.|
What happens if more than 1 Agent worked with the customer to contribute to FCR Success?
The report uses the Last Assigned Agent as a proxy for which Agent helped. While this is not perfect, it is a close approximation for attributing the FCR Success, given that most FCR Conversations will be resolved by one person, and resolved by the person who was last assigned.