- 04 Feb 2022
- 2 Minutes To Read
Create and Reply to Facebook Messages
- Updated On 04 Feb 2022
- 2 Minutes To Read
When an incoming Facebook message is routed to you, you're taken straight to the Customer's Profile, where you'll find their current Facebook message, along with any previous interactions they had with your company.
Reply to a Facebook message
If your company has a Facebook Messenger account connected to Gladly, your Customers can directly send you a Facebook message from your company's Facebook account.
- You'll see a green Facebook message notification bar when a request comes in. Click anywhere along the reply bar. You'll see the Facebook Messenger Composer pop up, ready for you to start writing your response.
- Gladly automatically defaults to the last Channel a Customer reached out to you on. In this case, since they last reached out by Facebook Messenger, you'll notice the reply bar default to Reply via Facebook.
- Once you've completed your reply, click Send.
- New Facebook messages must be answered in seven days. If not, replies will return an error: "The seven-day response time window has been exceeded." If this happens, think about reaching out to the Customer through another Channel. Facebook controls the 7-day restriction.
- Existing Facebook messaging sessions will automatically expire seven days from the Customer's last response if there are no additional customer communications. Facebook controls the seven-day expiration rule.
Photos and attachments sent by Customers through Facebook will appear in the Customer's Conversation Timeline.
Send a Facebook message to a Customer
Sometimes, you might want to reach out to a Customer through Facebook Messenger, even when they reached out to you through another Channel. You can initiate a Facebook Message without waiting for them to send one first in cases like this.
- From the Customer's Profile, click on the Gladly + icon on the reply bar's far left. A dropdown list will appear.
- From the dropdown list, click Messenger. You'll see the Facebook Messenger Composer pop up, ready for you to start writing your response.
- Once you've completed your message, click Send.
Facebook messages sent from the Facebook Messenger app instead of Gladly
Replies sent to Customers directly from Facebook Messenger (outside of Gladly) won't appear in the Conversation Timeline, but you will see the Customer's incoming messages in Gladly.
End a Facebook messaging session
A Facebook messaging session ends if: